The B.S. in Nursing program comprises 39 semester credits. We offer 6 cohorts each year: 4 are offered fall semester and 2 in spring semester. Each cohort consists of 24 students or fewer so you'll get to know your classmates and professors well. Most students complete the courses for their major in 18-20 months.
We offer our program face to face in the evenings at several convenient locations including:
- Arden Hills
- North Hennepin Community College
- Woodwinds Health Campus
Beginning February 2014, we'll also offer the nursing program fully online, pairing the same assignments and academic rigor as the face-to-face classes with flexibility to save you time and effort. You'll complete assignments and participate in discussion boards at your own time and place.
In addition to your coursework, you'll also take part in clinicals or clinical projects. These experiences will expand your understanding of professional nursing roles and issues. That's why we design them with attention to each student's background so you're not repeating what you already know. We will work with you to develop manageable clinical or clinical project experiences.
Our nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Classes Designed for Adults
If your last college experience involved long registration lines, multiple trips to the bookstore, or hours of note taking, your experience here will be a little different. We've created programs that work for working or busy adults according to the best ideas in adult education. Courses are reflective, practical, and relevant to your work.
Small Learning Communities
You'll take classes with an intimate group of students throughout your major. They'll represent a broad array of professions, organizations, and experiences that will enrich your learning. Together, you'll take one class at a time in most cases, finishing each course usually in 5 weeks so you start seeing progress toward your degree quickly.
Focus on Learning
We make it easier for adults to focus on learning through features such as:
- A predetermined course schedule. You'll be able to plan ahead so you know what to expect.
- Automatic registration. With automatic registration each term, you'll save both time and hassle.
- An online bookstore. Order your books 24/7 and get them delivered directly to your home or work to save time.
- Personalized support. Our team of advisors is ready to help you succeed as an adult student.
- Professors with real-world experience. We hire practitioner faculty with strong academic credentials so they can show you practical applications to what you're learning.